I watched my friend Jill's son, Aiden, today for a few hours. He's the same age as Mason and I'm always glad to have him over. He keeps Mason busy and gives me a break from playing 4 year old boy games. He's been over a few times, and I always enjoy eavesdropping on their conversations. Here are a few examples:
During a game of cops and robbers:
Mason: Quick - call the police!
Aiden: The police can't save you - only God can save you.
Heard from another room:
Aiden: HELP! Mason's putting me in the box!
During snack:
Mason: Your voice sounds weird.
Aiden: Your voice sounds weird, too.
...long silence
Me: Aiden, do you want strawberries or grapes?
Aiden: I'll take a banana since I'm a monkey.
After Mason threw a fit over not getting to drink a chocolate shake with lunch:
Aiden: You told your dad that you wouldn't say 'no' to your mom today, and you just said 'no' so you lied to your dad.
Mason: (who's been working out the differences between tricking and lying): I was tricking.
How convenient for him.
And my favorite...
Aiden (whispering to Mason): Your mom's really nice.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying!!!! What awesome friends they are and so honest with each other. I love it!!!
Love your blog -- I'm a friend of Jill's and she referred us to your site. Our family is anxiously awaiting the GRAND re-opening of the "slushy stand" in Andover, too! Hope to see you there sometime.
Thanks for stopping by! I've checked out your blog via Jill's. Great stuff!
I was telling Sean about your post... and Aiden heard me and said, How do you know that????
Wonderful opportunity to remind him that moms truly do know everything!
Post a Comment